Love carrying your baby but becoming a struggle on your front?
Heard about back carrying but feel nervous about getting your baby up there & getting back down again?
This workshop will be a small intimate group exploring the range of carriers & options available to you. You will meet other parents at the same stage of their carrying journey and be able to support each other as well as receiving expert tuition.
Suitable for babies around 3 / 4 months+ or good head control. (Back carrying is possible earlier but is more of an advanced skill - please book a one to one consultation to explore this)
On a personal note - a whole new world opens up to you when you gain the confidence to put your baby on your back. Nearly 5 years ago it took me many months and perseverance trying different carries and being shown different ways before I finally felt able to do it outside of my home! Support of other people learning the same skill was vital and I'm really excited to be able to share some of my experience and knowledge now - making your journey a little quicker and easier.
- Slings to try out
- Led group discussion
- Individual feedback and tuition
- Weighted dolls to practice with
- Chance to work through any anxieties - only doing what you and your baby feel comfortable and safe to try.
- Ongoing email & telephone help and advice.
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to state the benefits of back-carrying for different situations
- Have tried / seen some of the different slings suitable for back-carrying.
- Know how to safely get your baby onto your back
- and back down again!
- Know where to access further support
- Have a ready made peer support group to practice and meet up with
- Most of all you will have gained new skills and confidence in the beautiful art of babywearing.
1.5 hour workshop for parent/carer & their baby (or babies) - no more than 6 families per session.
Older children can attend too, but remain your responsibility - you may not get as much out of the workshop, but you know your child best.
Includes group work and 1 to 1 tuition.
10.30 - 12 - Community Room @ Ashton Fire Station