Are you interested in using sling but don't know where or why to start?
Are you nervous about safety, confused by the range of options, or maybe you've tried a sling but found it uncomfortable?
Have you heard about the 4th trimester of pregnancy, but want to know more about the evidence behind the theory?
Would you like to meet other local couples at the same stage as you?
This is the course for you.....
In a small group (no more than 6 couples) we will address any anxieties you have / debunk any myths about carrying your baby and explore a range of slings
(including any you are particularly interested in)
You will have the opportunity to try on a number of slings using a weighted doll and receive individual tuition when putting your own baby in a sling for the first time.
- Slings to try out
- Led group discussion
- Individual feedback and tuition
- Weighted dolls to practice with
- Chance to work through any anxieties - only doing what you feel comfortable and safe to try.
- Ongoing email & telephone help and advice.
By the end of the course you will:
- Know about the benefits of babywearing for mother and baby.
- Understand the range of different slings on the market.
- Feel confident to safely put your baby into at least 1 sling.
- and take them safely out again!
- Know where to access further support
- Have a ready made peer support group to practice and meet up with
- *Most of all* You will have gained new skills and confidence in the beautiful art of babywearing, laying the foundation for easier parenting, and a strong bond with your
This course is taught by Emma Gleave.
A qualified, and experienced Antenatal Teacher, Pregnancy & Postnatal Yoga Teacher, and Babywearing Consultant.
For more about Emma and her qualifications click 'ABOUT ME'
A 3 hour session to explore the reasons parents choose to 'wear' their baby. An introduction to the 4th Trimester, and why developing a strong attachment from early in your childs life can help you all to be happier and healthier.
Explore the range of slings on the market and work out the ideal sling for you and your baby.
Suitable for expectant or new parents of babies up to 3 months.
(Dolls are provided to practice)
Price is for 2 adults + bump or baby (babies)
Ashton under Lyne Fire Station, Slate Lane, off Ashton Moss Way, Audenshaw, M34 5FS
Contact me for concessions
Free advice & fitting service for any sling or baby carrier, borrow one of ours, support & social groups, buy from us with full suport & aftercare service...
Babywearing * Sling Library * Oldham * Tameside * Manchester * Rochdale
* Tula * Boba * Beco * Ergo * Izmi * Moby Wrap * Close Caboo * Baby Bjorn *